Friday, June 26, 2009

18 Months

Logan is now 18 months old. First off, here are his stats:
24 lbs 8 oz--25th percentile
32.75"--50th percentile
I don't remember his head measurement but it was around the
50th percentile as well.

Logan passed all of the developmental questions--can he stack 4 blocks, can he eat with a spoon, etc.--except one. They asked us if Logan knew if he was a boy or girl. Ben and I just looked at eachother and the nurse said, "If you asked him if he was a boy or girl, will he tell you he is a boy?" We responded with, "we have never asked him that question!" It caught both of us so off guard. I don't think we have even thought about teaching him if he is a boy or girl. I mean of course we tell him he is a good boy but not sure he has caught on to his gender yet. Guess we will have to work on that.

Logan now has 10 teeth and still getting some more. I keep wondering when all of this teething stops. Here are some of his favorite things at this age:

Watching Finding Nemo--he just loves this show. He will watch him almost all the way through if he is tired. It never fails though that he asks to watch it at least once a day. If you ask him where Nemo lives he will say "in an-a-nen-no-o-me" . I think it is so cute.

Driving his Little Tikes car--we were able to aquire this classic toy from a coworker who was looking to get rid of it as her kids are older now. We couldn't have been happier to take it. Logan just loves this car and takes all of this toys for rides in it.
Playing in the water--we have a little swimming pool that we often fill up for Logan to play in during the day. He gets a kick out of splashing you with the water. I won't complain though when it is 95 degrees. We also took him the South Ogden splash park awhile back with his cousins that live out of state. We had a lot of fun.
Dancing in the living room--he loves to turn on Ben's iPod and dance in the living room. His dancing usually consists of rocking back and forth between his left and right left with an added spin here and there. Classic moves.

Seeing his friends at daycare--everyday that Logan goes to daycare he recites the names of the kids in his class in the car (Jacob, Kiera, Jada, Abby). I love that he has so much fun there and knows all the kids by name.

Helping his dad--Logan tries to immitate just about everything his dad does. We have been doing quite a few yard projects this summer and Logan loves this trailer of my dads. He spent about an hour just walking up and down it one afternoon throwing lava rocks off the top. Needless to say, this is what he looked like afterwards--nice look, don't you think?
Playing with bubbles--what kid doesn't love to do this? He is now able to actually blow bubbles on his own though which makes it that much more exciting. When he gives up on that though we usually go to just spreading the bubble stuff on his legs like lotion--just stickier.
Here are some words Logan knows (I don't think I could write them all down but wanted to have a list of some of them): Mommy, Daddy, Nanan (Cayman), Papa, Grandma, Grandpa, bubbles, doggie (which often sounds like daddy), kitty, door, teeth, tummy, potty, bum, duck, hot dog, applesauce, cheese, watch, park, golf, football, Nemo, Dory, Jeff, Oscar, tummy, hair, cute, nose, eyes, ears, mouth, shoes, shorts shirt, jacket, fish, cracker, cookie, treat, snack, craisens (yes this is one of his favorite snacks), walk, drive, go, car, please, thank you, nap, no, Roo (his nickname for his Aunt Rachel), duck, giraffe, elephant, hippo, juice, milk, up, sit down, pick up, dirty, and many more I am sure I am forgetting.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds and looks like Logan is doing awesome! He's grown so much and knows a lot of words, that's great! I love those little cars-they rock. I'm glad he loved the splash pad. Addie does too- let's go sometime together :)

Lori said...

what a cutie.

Chelsie said...

he is one smart little boy!! so cute, i love the pic with the dirt all over his face. and that's probably the cutest thing ever that he says where nemo lives! you should record that for sure, so sweet

Tyler and Sara said...

What a cutie! I can't wait until my little guy starts to show some more of his personality. By the way in case you are wondering he sounds right on par for his language development. I'd love to see some of that dancing boy. By the way my little baby has thrush. Didn't Logan have it too. It has been interesting. Hopefully it will go away soon.

Megan said...

I need to get Anna one of those cars - every kid LOVES them. They are such a classic toy. Logan is getting so big and learning so much. Aren't kids so much fun at this age?! It makes me excited to remember that I get to experience it all again with Evan. I am with Chelsie, I want to hear him say where Nemo lives. That is too cute!

Tyler and Sara said...

Well the thrush has just been a journey. I was on nystatin and of course it didn't get rid of it. We are on day 3 of the purple crap. I feel much better so I think it is clearing it up. Now if we can just get it to stay away.

C and C Young said...

Oh he is getting so big! What a cutie. I hope you guys are doing okay!!!