I carved the happy traditional pumpkin and Ben carved the other one. Logan was very interested to see what was inside the pumpkins but when he saw it was slimy seeds he bailed and went and played with his friend and let his daddy finish the yucky job. Taylor spent the whole night in the swing. Even though we put forth the effort to carve our pumpkins this year we still forgot on Halloween night to put a candel in them. Oops.
On Halloween night, we invited my parents and sister and her husband over for some dinner, cookie making and trick or treating. Logan told us this year that he wanted to be an elephant because he loved the baby Zuri at the Hogle Zoo. Thankfully Ben's sister had a wonderful elephant costume that she let us borrow. At first, I thought it looked huge but really it fit him perfectly. I love these pictures of him and just smile every time I look at them. The weather was a little wet this year so we waited until the rain stopped before we headed out that night to trick-or-treat. It was cold but it wasn't raining on us. For some reason, Logan didn't want to wear his elephant hat that night but regardless he still looked cute and the costume kept him super warm.
Due to the weather, we opted to leave Taylor at home with my family while we went out with Logan. When we were done trick-or-treating we came home and made some of these yummy sugar cookies. Then on Sunday night we headed over to the Ellis home and had our traditional Ellis Family Halloween party. This year I made some mummy hot dogs that the kids really seemed to like. Ben was Al from Home Improvement (last minute idea) and I was a witch. The party was fun but the kids seemed to be a little more energized since we did it after Halloween instead of before. Nevertheless, we enjoyed our time playing games and eating yummy food.





4 comments:
such cute kids you have! love taylor's outfit :) you're such a trooper to participate in all the halloween-ing with a brand new baby.
props to you guys for dressing up! love it!
Love the photos. Looks like you guys are having fun and doing well! ~John
The Al costume is my favorite - I love it. Though the kitty bum is pretty cute too. That last sentence is just so wrong ;)
Post a Comment