Saturday, May 17, 2008

Eating in Style

We finally got a highchair for Logan!The last month we have just been using his swing which has worked but my back is tired of hunching over it to feed him twice a day. I did a lot of research to decide what type of highchair to get. I originally planned on getting a highchair that matched our stoller. However, these highchairs run about $130. They have very good ratings and reviews but the Fisher Price Healthy Care High Chair has higher reviews and runs $40 cheaper. Therefore, we decided to save the money and go for the Fisher Price high chair. The only negative in many of the reviews was the bright colors of the highchair. I have to say that the colors aren't that bad. In fact the chair comes with a toy that can entertain him while I prepare his food. It even locks into the tray so it won't fall off. So far the chair has been a sucess and much better for my back.

Logan used to grab his feet when we feed him in the swing which made it difficult to reach his mouth. I am glad to say that they are securely kept out of his face in the highchair which keeps his slippers much cleaner.

Here is a picture of him eating his dinner tonight. He had prunes for the first time and you can tell by the prunes all over his face and his smile that he loved them!

7 comments:

Megan said...

What a happy full little boy! He looks so little in the high chair, but Anna was the same way. It is so crazy how quickly they grow.

Ally and Chris Johns said...

How cute! Logan just keeps getting more and more cute! We need to see you guys again soon! But i am happy you are a blogger so i can still see all of these cute pictures!

Stacey said...

I'm glad you found a high chair that you like. You'd think buying a chair wouldn't be so complicated but it took me a while to find one when Lincoln was a baby.

Clyda and John said...

He just looks so small in that high chair. Kind of reminds me of an old granny peering over her dashboard in her car. Although Logan is much cuter! Let me know how Logan does with the prunes. I fed them once to Bennett and learned my lesson fast. They shot right through him. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. I think Bennett is ready to hang with is little cuz!

heather bing said...

He looks cute in his high chair, he can hardly see over it! I'm glad he's doing well with baby food, although it does make feeding time alot more messy! I love his swim shorts too!

The Platts said...

Hey Ben and Melissa! We found your blog through Cam and Amie Jacobson's. Your little Logan is soo cute! He's a perfect mix of both of you. We just our second, a boy, three weeks ago. We made our blog private a little while ago, so email me and I'll invite you into it. It'd be great to keep in contact with you guys. See ya, Brady and EMmary
emmary_01@hotmail.com

C and C Young said...

I am gearing up to start making my baby food and am excited. What food processor did you get and where did you buy it? I am torn between a few and would like to get your opinion. Would a big one or smaller one be better?