I know the outside doesn't look to impressive. You would never guess that this is what was inside.
Freezers full of the best tasting gelato ever. Flavors ranging from authetic rice to pineapple, lemon, chocolate, raspberry and many many more. I think we were in Florence for three nights and we made sure that we went to Vivoli's every night. This was too good of stuff to not indulge in every night. This is how you got the Italian gelato from the world famous Vivoli's.
In a paper cup with a tiny spoon. You could get up to three flavors in a cup. My favorite was to get chocolate and a fruit flavor. I would then run my spoon down the middle and get a little bit of both. The perfect mixture. Here is a picture of me even enjoying the gelato on the not so clean street in front of Vivoli's. 
The reason for this trip down memory lane? A new gelato shop named Bellisimo has opened near our home and I am absolutely hooked. Although it is no authetic Vivoli's, it is awfully close. The gelato is just as flavorful as I remember and there is a wide range of flavors. They don't have rice but said they have had many requests for it.
The shop is owned by a couple who were introduced to gelato and decided that they needed to open up a shop. I am so glad they did this. They make all their own gelato and all the fruit flavors are water based which is much better for my lactose intolerant husband who is addicted to ice cream. I have always liked ice cream but can never eat it in very big quantities. I love gelato and could eat it in very large quantities! It is like eating fresh fruit. So for all of you out there that want a fun thing to do this summer go check out this new gelato shop and we hope we see you there.





9 comments:
Mmmm it looks tasty...but I am pretty up for most things resembling ice cream ;) There is a place my family always goes to in Ogden and I love to go when I am up called Zeppes. I have no idea how authentic their gelato is, but since I have never had the real stuff I like it nonetheless.
I am super jealous of your trip to Europe..I want to go there so bad. I really liked seeing all the peeps from h.s. in your pics. Everyone looks so young!
Oh my gosh...that picture is so funny. I can't believe how young we look. Thanks for the trip down memory lane! I would love to get together and look at pictures of Europe. It was such a fun trip and I can't talk about it to very many people, since not many people have been there (and people get jealous when I bring it up!) I heart gelato!! I will have to try this new place.
Hahaha! I can't believe you posted that picture! LOL! What was I thinking? No wonder I was never asked out on dates in high school. :) Anyway, I also heart gelato. When should we go? I can't wait.
isn't it funny how old we are getting. That picture made me feel like highschool was a long time ago and then I realized it was. I love gelato. what makes it different than ice cream do you know? I have no idea and tyler was asking me
Sounds good, I'm always up for dessert! I love that picture. It's fun to pick out everyone, when was that?
Mmmmm Gelato. Had some in England and I am totally hooked. It is so much better than ice cream. Soooooo good. Totally jealous you have one so close. Eat some for me!
I love the gelato they have at the Venetian in Vegas. It is really good. I love Steve's hair!
He actually works at the ATK up past Brigham City. And small world, my in-laws live by your fam I think. My mother in law said the other day she was talking to your mom and had mentioned she saw Anna on the internet...which confused my MIL until she explained. I believe it was your mom anyway...she explained she was reading the comments on your blog, clicked on my name above the comment I left and it lead to our blog. Correct me if I am wrong...I could just be losing it ;)
Hey Melissa- it's Jenny (workman) Weller...long time no see. I found your blog through Megan's. I think I've typed those words a lot haha. Anyway, you and your family are absolutely darling. Jed and I have a little girl a month younger than Logan...such fun huh?! I'll have to tell Blake that I found your blog and that you're doing well. Btw, I must find this Gelato place! :)
Post a Comment