Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A little more about me....

I was recently tagged and I often don't particpate cause I don't have the time, but I decided to do this one because people often say that they don't know a lot about me. I thought this would maybe help you all get to know me better. Here are the rules: List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 obsessions, 3 surprising facts and tag 3 more people on your blog.


3 Joys: My family (including animals), eating chocolate, and going on vacations.
I have the best family in the world. I love my artistic husband, active border collie and spunky calico cat. I also enjoy eating chocolate in pretty much any form. I love cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc (and it shows). I also love to go on vacations and travel the world. I only wish I had more time (and money) to do this.

3 Fears: Drowning, the dark, and being alone.
I have a huge fear of drowning. For me that would be the worst thing in the world. I still have to plug my nose when I go swimming and often have dreams of drowning. I don't like the dark. I hate even going out of my own house in the dark. When we go camping I always make Ben go with me to the bathroom. I also have a fear of something happening to Ben that would leave me all alone. I truely need someone else in my life.

3 Obsessions: Gelato, making lists and training my dog.
I love gelato as seen and explained more here. I am also obsessed with making lists. I have to have a 'to do' list for each day so that I stay focused. I drive Ben nuts because I make lists weeks before we go on trips to try to get organized. Lastly I love to train my dog. I always am trying to teach him knew things and enjoy getting out and training him. I have always loved animals and am obsessed with making sure they have a good home.

3 Surprising Facts: I at one point knew how to play the bagpipes, I am not a morning person and I play World of Warcraft with my husband. During High School I learned to play the bagpipes for a group I was in. I was never very good but I could get out "Amazing Grace" on a good day. So it may not really be suprising that I am NOT a morning person to those of you who know me. Everyone told me once I had a baby that would change but it hasn't. I still don't like getting up early. Of course, I get up 'early' with Logan every morning but if I had it my way I would stay up late and sleep in. Finally, I recently started playing World of Warcraft with my husband. There will be more about this in a future post.

I hope this helped all of you to get to know me a little bit better. Quirks and all! I tag any of those who read this and feel up to the challenge.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

LOL...I didn't know you guys were into WoW.

Chelsie said...

i have no idea what world of warcraft is....eek, i guess i'm out of it. that's so cool that you can play the bagpipes!

Megan said...

I think that is so funny that you play World of Warcraft - what a good wifey you are. Maybe you should have signed yourself up for a swimming class when you signed Logan up to get over your fear ;) Or maybe his classes will help you too. I am totally a list maker and I do the same thing with making lists for trips. I can't help it. The earlier I start one the less likely I will forget something off the list because I can always add to it whenever I remember. We are not weird...it's our husbands! :)

Jenny said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one that has a husband that has made them do "geek" stuff. I have been forced to know more lines from Star Wars than I care to admit. I don't really play the video games though other than Wii.
Fun post!

Victoria Wilding said...

Love the post! I remember when you used to play the bagpipes, I thought you were awesome. The WoW thing makes me laugh, Kevin has tried numerous times to get me into video games but the closest he can get is this super old super simple game called desktop defender. There's a good gelato place here in Salt Lake, we should go sometime.

C and C Young said...

You are a good wife!!!

Anonymous said...

After all this time, I can't believe how much we still have in common! I'm totally scared of swimming (I actually took a lesson this summer, and I'm getting better. But I too must plug my nose. And wear goggles...). I have more lists than you can imagine; if I ever lose my planner I might die. So not a morning person... And I while I wouldn't call myself a regular player, Steve did convince me to make my own WoW character. Maybe we really were twins!

Maria said...

I had no idea you played the bagpipes!!! Do you own your own set of pipes? That is so cool!

Tyler and Sara said...

I remember the bag pipes. It was awesome. I remember you had to blow them up before you played them. On a random note remember Jr. High band. Man we were awesome. Too bad you were way better than me and I couldn't ever get a chair next to you for because everyone else was all dedicated.