Friday, November 6, 2009

Summer (and some Fall) of Fun Recap: Part 2

Living Planet Aquarium
Due to Logan's accident from camping we ended up staying home over the 24th of July (we were going to go camping again with Ben's parents but decided that wouldn't be very smart with a boy with new stitches). So instead we decided to do some partying here.
On Saturday, we took Logan to the Living Planet Aquarium down in Sandy. Although the aquarium isn't huge (what to you expect in Utah), Logan had lots of fun. His favorite fish was the 'nemo' fish of course. He also enjoyed watching the big shark swim around. He also wanted to get in and swim with the sting rays. I seriously think he would have dived in if I would have let him. It was fun to watch how excited he was about the fish!
Cherry Hill
Logan and I also ventured to Cherry Hill since I had never been. I think his favorite thing was the Lazy River and unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of him in there. Nevertheless, he loved floating in the tube around and around.

He loved played with his cousin Abby at Pirates Cove. It took him a while to warm up to all the water but eventually started to like it. After we had played for quite some time he enjoyed eating his favorite snack, Craisens, on his towel. I had so much fun just enjoying a fun day with him and wish we would have done this sooner in the summer. I can't wait to have more of these in the future.
New Job
Ben recently found a job with Overstock.com as a Web Designer. He is loving it so far and so I am. I am now working just three days a week which makes my balance of family and work seem a little more even. We are very grateful he was able to find a job in this stuff economy!

Discovering Popsicles
Football
One evening we were hanging out at Grandma Greats and all of the boys were playing football. Logan wanted to be a part of it and lined up with them and would run back and forth. All of his cousins are so cute to play with him.
When he got bored with playing football he wanted to climb a tree because he had seen his cousin David do so. Ben helped him get up there and he was quite proud of himself. Sheep Dog Trials
Over Labor day weekend we headed up to the Soldier Hollow sheep dog trials for the third year in a row. Unfortunately, Ben wasn't feeling very well this day so Logan and I ventured up to the event by ourselves and met up with my family. Every year we get there earlier and still don't feel like we have enough time. We went on the finals day of the trial and the course seemed a lot more challenging than in the past. Several dogs just disappeared up the hill and their owners had to go get them.
Logan loved to watch the dogs run up the hill, but when they got too far away he lost interest. He mostly enjoyed just walking around the venue. We tried to get him to take a nap a few times during the day but it never worked. He would sit in his chair like this.......but never give in. Finally at like 4 in the afternoon after watching some of the Splash Dogs he crashed on his Uncle Jeff. We then just layed him down on a blanket while we watched some more herding. I love going to this event and it made me want to go do some agility with cayman. I hope that we can keep going to this event every year!

6 comments:

C and C Young said...

I still need to take M to the living aquarium. It's only across the way, but we just haven't made it there. Looks like you guys are having fun! I'm glad you were able to cut your hours...it's hard doing everything!

Megan said...

Looking your posts makes me miss Summer. lol. Looks like you guys had fun. Congrats to your hubby on the new job and congrats to you too ;) Logan is getting so big - crazy - times flies!

Clyda and John said...

yeah, loved the new post. And I love all the pictures of Logan. He is getting so big. Can't wait to come and see him here soon and hopefully watch our boys play nice together.

Chelsie said...

i have never taken coop to the aquarium, but it looks fun. i love that he wanted to dive in with the sting rays...he's so funny

Cam said...

Looks like fun! Logan is a cutie...it makes me excited to see Cooper grow up. :) We went to the sheep dog trials last year...so much fun!

Stacey said...

Fun outings! I love watching little ones watch fish. They get so excited!

That's great that Ben likes his job and that you're able to work less. And the sheep trials sound pretty cool.