Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Christmas 2009

So I know I am a little late (ok more than a little) but still want to have this documented. We spent Christmas Eve up at my parents house and had dinner with our friends. We never see each other expect for this event and its always fun to catch up. Logan loved playing with their girls and was hamming it up big time. We had them all sit and Logan just kept saying "cheese" as loudly and as silly as he could.
He also got a special visit from Santa that evening. He hadn't met the jolly man yet and was definitely unsure as every 2 year old is. He did warm up to him after Santa revealed his candy cane treats.
Hanging out with his favorite Aunt Roo! Ben and I have started a tradition of giving eachother pajamas on Christmas Eve so that we have new jamies to wear on Christmas morning. Here is a picture of Logan opening his pajamas from the Christmas Elves. My favorite part was that he held the shirt up to himself and said cute without any help from us.

One of my other favorite traditions is Ben gets Logan and I a Christmas tree ornament each year. This year he gave me one with a graduation cap to symbolize both of us being all done with school in 2009. He gave Logan a Snoopy camping ornament since he just loves Snoopy and camping.

I then went to the Christmas Eve service at my parents church while Ben stayed home with Logan. We stayed the nights at my parents house this year and woke up in the morning to open up our stockings. I think some of Logan's favorite toys came from his stocking including his nemo phone....
and a Thomas the train engine named Ben.....
When we were done with stockings we went to see what Santa brought us. Logan got a basketball hoop and a little table (that we didn't give him till the next day since he got so spoiled). Ben got a smoker and I got a sewing machine. We decided this year to give eachother a much needed new camera. We purchased a Canon XS20 IS which is a glorified digital camera with some SLR functions. Our old camera wouldn't stay charged so it has been nice to have a camera to capture moments and one of my resolutions for 2010 is to be better at taking pictures.

Here is Logan helping his daddy open presents. He definitely lost interest after awhile and just wanted to go play with some of the toys he had opened.
I love this picture of him playing with his puppets!
After we were done with presents, Logan and Cayman both crashed before we headed down to Ben's family for more festivities.

We hung out with Ben's family for part of the afternoon. Logan loved seeing all of his cousins and their cool toys including this cool toy....
We got him to sit still to catch a few shots of us with him. We then went back up to Ogden to enjoy Christmas dinner and more presents with the cousins.
Logan was so wired by this point. I couldn't get him to hold still for a picture. He loved helping with paper control and just running around. This is the best shot I could get of him and its still a bit mid action.
When we finally made it home after all the festivities Logan cuddeled up with my mom's new cat Mike. He was so excited that Mike would sit next to him. He is such a sweet cat.
The day after Christmas we took it easy and just played with all of our toys. Logan broke out his playdough and opened some gifts that we didn't open on Chritmas.

We are so grateful to all of our wonderful family. We had such a wonderful Christmas. I know the day can be crazy but we enjoy getting to see everyone.

3 comments:

Clyda and John said...

LOL! It is never too late to post something. Loved all the pictures. Looks like it was crazy busy, but a lot of fun. Logan is way cute. Wished we lived closer.

Stacey said...

I still haven't gotten around to posting any Christmas pictures, but I enjoyed looking at yours! You did a great job on Logan's stocking. I'm impressed. :)

aunt dyanne said...

Don't worry about late posting...I always love to see a new post - but i'm no one to beg... my last post on the family blog was in July, maybe August? And now that I don't have a missionary blog to upkeep - haven't updated that one either! such a slacker! what do i do with my time - haha - oh yeah... we visit doctors!