Thursday, December 6, 2007

"Henry" 37 Week Update

Ben and I had our 37 week appointment this morning. Everything went well and "Henry" appears to be doing well and growing great. He is about 6 pounds now our doctor thinks which is amazing to me. I definitely am starting to feel that weight. Our doctor still thinks our due date will be around the 31st of December, but reminded us that she doesn't know for sure when he will come and that he could come at anytime. At the appointment we learned that I am slowly progressing and am dialted to just a one which is normal for a first time pregnancy our doctor said. In addition, we tested negative for Group B Strep which is an infection that can cause the baby to get sick during delivery. So we won't have to worry about that.

Ben has finished his semester of school so he is ready to take care of me as things get more uncomfortable. Ben and I have everything set up at home awaiting "Henry's" arrival. We have our bags packed ready for the time when he comes. As all of you know Ben and I are hoping that "Henry" isn't born on Christmas Eve or Christmas, but we will be happy as long as he comes healthy. That is a quick update on mom, dad and baby. We will keep you posted on any new developments but until then enjoy the holiday season!!!

6 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

How exciting!!! I can't wait to meet little Henry! You're doing a lot better than I was at your stage...at least you're dilated! It's kind of awkward when she starts checking, huh? He should come out just about the perfect size. It could be any day now. :)

C and C Young said...

Wouldn't it be fun if you had a New Year's baby? I am happy things are going so well. It is nice that both you and Carlee can let me know what to expect!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! I can't wait to see you... I hope Henry comes a little early so I can meet him! If not I guess I'll just have to make a trip back to see him!

Stacey said...

How exciting! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. It may not be much longer!

Becca Jo said...

Oh it's so fun at this time when you are just waiting for the little baby to come! I bet expecting at this time of year is extra special! We will see you guys at the Christmas party on Sunday.

C and C Young said...

I don't know if you will read this anytime soon, but I read on Carlee's blog that they took the baby early because you had signs of Toxemia. My sister had full blown Toxemia and it was SO SCARY. Are you doing alright? How is the baby? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you--you can email me at cassicraven@yahoo.com. I know you probably won't read this for a while, but I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you, Ben and the baby. I hope things are OK.