We took him in to the pediatrician on Friday and overall he is a healthy boy. He now weighs 6 pounds 9 ounces. Therefore, he still isn't back to his full birth weight quite yet. Our pediatrician wasn't too concerned as the last time we had Logan in he weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces. He calculated that he has gained a half an ounce a day since that appointment so that is good. He said the text book guidlines say they should gain a half an ounce to one and a half onces a day. Logan is gaining the minimum which he said was good. He wants us to bring him back in in two weeks to just weigh him to track his growth. He wasn't very worried about it and reassured me that I was feeding him plenty and being a good mother--something that is nice to hear.
Logan is doing well with eating. We have our good days and our not so good days, but overall he is eating and happy. He will sleep for about 5 hours during the night which is very nice. During the day he sleeps for about 4 hours at a time. I think I am very lucky to get such long stretches of sleep. You hear of some babies that eat every two hours and I count myself lucky.
Ben and I just bought a rocking chair at Shopko this weekend to put in his room. It isn't the fanciest chair, but it rocks, glides, swivels and reclines. More importantly it was only $90. I had been looking at some Dutailer rockers that were $500 that had the same features so I think I got a steal of a deal. I love sitting in this chair when feeding Logan as it gives me something to do instead of just sitting.
Here are some newer pictures of Logan over the past few weeks. We have way more than this but these are some of my favorites.





6 comments:
Way cute guys. Glad you finally put some more pictures up. Looks like he is getting bigger. Before you know it those cloths will no longer fit the big guy.
Those are so cute. I'm glad to hear that he is doing well. We can't wait to see him again.
He is so cute! I can't wait to see him again! That is good that he is gaining weight and that your doctor reassured you he is doing well. I think it is very important that he helped you feel like you're doing a good job! :)
I think Maggie's carrier pictures are to this day still my favorite. There's something about getting the little baby bundled in the carrier that makes him/her so cute. :) Enjoy him while he's so tiny. They grow up faster than you could ever imagine.
Logan is so cute. It is hard for me to believe that newborns are that small. I keep thinking/hoping baby M will come out and be the size of a three-year-old. Handling something that small is a bit unnerving, but it's good to see it can be done. Are your other babies adjusting? I'm worried about Fitchy, as he tends to get a bit jealous when not the center of the world.
he's so cute. it's hard to believe they are ever that small. i'm glad you have a good doctor.
my 7 month old still only weighs 14lbs but she's healthy so don't ever get discouraged about the weight
Cassi--our pets are doing so wonderful with him. I was worried as well as my dog has been the center of attention in our house. However he is amazing with the baby. He understands he is a real person and is very gentle with him. I think you will be amazed at how Fitchy reacts.
Post a Comment