Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Music Time

Almost every day Ben takes Logan into our front room and plays his guitar for him. He calls it music time. Logan loves to just sit and listen to Ben. His favorite song is a "Nothing Else Matters" by Metalica. He also enjoys "Danny Boy" the Eric Clapton version and "Hey there Delilah" by Plain White Tees.

He loves it when Ben picks the strings. Logan has even reached out to strum it himself. I love watching Ben play his guitar. I loved it when he would play his guitar to me when we were dating. Since we have gotten married, he hasn't played as much. I love that he is playing more and sharing it with Logan. He really is so good and I think music is a great thing for kids.

Here are some pictures of Ben playing to him. I think Logan's face in the second picture shows you how much he enjoys music time. He looks so content!


7 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

How cute!! Logan definitely looks like he enjoys it! Maggie loves the guitar too. I think it is a very soothing sound for babies. I know it is for me!

Ben should charge money and let all the neighborhood kids come over for music time! He could be like the neighborhood Mr. Rogers. :)

Megan said...

I love that bottom pic! Ross used to play the guitar for me when we were dating too, but not in a romantic way (its not our style). He would make up songs about how I hated everything or how I ate so much peanut butter and then my hand got stuck in the jar and then I died. Ummm yeah, that is why I called him Ross Random.

Maybe Logan will take up playing the guitar and him and Ben can start a band together ;)

Amie said...

how fun. It's funny how after you get married a lot of stuff stops. Cam would play his guitar when we were dating but has yet to take it out since we got married. It's fun to see how your kid reacts to different things and try to join in. Camrie started to clap at my brothers graduation when she saw everyone else doing it. She thought that she was so big joining in.

Clyda and John said...

So cute! Ben can teach Logan to play the guitar, just make sure he does it in the appropriate areas. You know what I am talking about Missy. And Ben, you know I love you!

C and C Young said...

That looks like so much fun. I agree with Carlee--he should start a music group. I miss Mr. Rogers!

heather bing said...

How cute! That's cool that Ben does that with him. Logan will probably be a little prodigy and play way early to be like dad! Art wishes he could play the guitar. He bought one when we were in Mexico for $20 4 1/2 years ago. The kids think its fun to play with, but I don't imagine he'll serenade me anytime soon. You can imagine what good quality you'd get for $20 in Mexico!

Stacey said...

That is so cute. :)