Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hawaii--Day 8 and 9

On day 8 the boys decided to take SUP (stand up surfing) lessons. We had seen several locals doing this each morning from our house and the boys thought it would be easier to do than surfing. So we got there first thing in the morning and they got their instructions.....
.....and then went to try out their moves. They both did really well and only fell off a few times when trying to turn. Their instructor then convinced them both to come back and try surfing later that day. They both did so great at this as well. They got some waves and were able to ride them in. They were pretty far out in the ocean so I wasn't able to get pictures of them surfing but here if Ben afterwards carrying his board to shore. I think they wished they would have taken these lessons earlier so they could have experimented with it more at our beach home (there was a surf board at our house).


That night we took it easy and just hung out at our beautiful beach home. There was a wheelbarrow at the house and Logan loved to play with it on the patio. The funny part was that is was pretty small so he would squat down and walk around like this...... It was quite amusing to us.

Our last day in Hawaii we got up and went to breakfast and then headed to Turtle Beach. This had to be the most beautfiul day that we were there. The ocean was crystal clear which made for good turtle watching.
We had seen several turtles close to our beach home and we saw several more at this beach. It was amazing to watch them swimming only a few feet away. If we would have stayed a little longer the turtles would have come up on the land during the afternoon but we had to head back home to get ready to leave. Can you see the turtle in the picture above?


Before leaving we all had to go get in the ocean one last time. The best thing about this time was that Logan finally decided that he wanted to get in. Before now he was a little intimidated by the waves, but not today. he would keep pointing out further into the office and telling us to go 'out there.' We finally had to take him out because it was starting to get cold. Kindof ironic that on the last day there he finally warmed up to the ocean.

This is one of the last pictures we took in Hawaii and I think it sums up our trip nicely. We had such a great time. We had a few more delays coming home but nothing like our flight out there.



Logan had a hard time adjusting when we got home but after a few days he was back to normal. We are so lucky to have been able to go here. I always feel like vacations like this go back too quickly. It seems like you try to savor it when there but then its over in a flash. I hope we are able to go back here someday, I am already craving another chocolate covered pineapple.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

So gorgeous- I bet you didn't want to leave! Logan is so cute. How funny that he only liked the water the last day. That's cool that the guys tried surfing too.

Megan said...

So jealous. I could go for a sunny vacation right about now and that chocolate pineapple?! Yum! Looks like you guys had a great time. Just...next time, will you take me? ;)

Clyda and John said...

Hawaii sounds heavenly right now. Looks like it was so much. I could go for a chocolate covered pineapple as well. Next time you go can I come along?

Love the photo of Logan at the end. Way too cute.

aunt dyanne said...

Sounds like your trip was wonderful. No wonder Logan didn't want to go in the water if he kept pointing to the office...poor kid...just can't escape his work. (haha) The pictures are wonderful - I love your family - so neat that you all got to be together for this trip...priceless memories!

Becki said...

What an awesome trip!! I am crossing my fingers we get to do this same trip this year so I might need to chat with you and get recommendations and stuff. Love that last picture of you and Logan. So cute!!

P.S. I am SOOOOOO excited Parker got you for a sunbeam teacher. You guys were highly praised from parents of your former sunbeams and I was hoping and praying they would keep you in and that Parker would get you!!!!

Ashlee said...

So fun to see your pictures. We were there last April and we loved it! North Shore was so fun. I'm mad I didn't try the chocolate covered pineapple though! We had a Dole whip and cheesecake that was good too. And we tried really hard not to leave anything in our car. It was hard not to. I didn't know if it was all hyped up that things get stolen so much, I guess not. Sorry that happened. Our rental car was an old grandma looking car so I think that kept people away too.

We are dying to go back! It really is paradise.