Thursday, January 7, 2010

Logan's Stocking

In preperation for the holidays I decided to make Logan a stocking this year. My mom had made me a stocking when I was a little girl and when Ben and I got married I made him a stocking to match mine. I, therefore, thought it was time to make one for Logan.
I decided to put a reindeer in the center of his stocking and just made up a pattern for it. I was impressed with how cute it turned out. Here is a picture of how it turned out....
And here is what they all look like together. I wouldn't have been able to make this without my mom's help (and sewing machine). I love that our cute family all has matching stockings now. When Logan's stocking was finished and I hung it up at home he came and asked me "what's that". I told him it was his stocking and he said "cute!" That was enough to make me feel good about the work I put in to it.

4 comments:

Maria said...

AMAZING!!! I could never do it. Well done!

Jenny said...

Those are so darling! Good work! I love that logan said, cute! How adorable :)

Clyda and John said...

Way cute! I am impressed. I am pathetic and just go and buy whatever I find at the store. None of ours match. Oh well. Maybe one day. Of course I think I would have to be living next to you so you could help me make cute stocking for the family. Glad Logan liked it.

Megan said...

My stockings that I have made for my kiddos and husband aren't super cute, but I too wanted them to match the stocking that I had growing up. I think yours turned out way cute and even cuter that Logan liked it and appreciated it ;)