September came and went though and no baby. At my 37 and 38 week appointments I wasn't dilating at all so we just kept waiting. One Saturday I did have some contractions but they gradually went away. So we went to our 39 week appointment hoping to have made some progress. I was dilated to a 1 or 2 then and 50% effaced which was encouraging. Our doctor then also talked to us about being induced the next week because she didn't want us to go past our due date. Ben's parents were heading out of town on Wednesday the 6th so we decided to go with Monday the 4th. I guess a lot of other people chose this day as well because we were just put on the waiting list. They told us they would call us on Sunday with a better idea of what time to come in. So we tried to keep ourselves busy that weekend (helped my sister buy a crib and went to Silver Lake).
On Sunday night the 3rd at about 6:30 pm the hospital called us and told us to come in at 7:00 am tomorrow. I was definitely surprised they wanted us to come so early but also excited that we would get to meet our sweet little girl soon. So we tried to get some sleep and woke up the next morning and had Logan's favorite Uncle Jeff come and get him for the day. We then headed to the hospital and began to get checked in.
My parents and Ben then returned from lunch finding me in lots of pain. I was also assigned a new nurse at this time who came in to check on me and asked how long it had been since I had been checked. I told her it was when they gave me my epidural. She said my contractions were right on top of each other so she turned my pitocin down and wanted to check me again since it had been awhile. It was now 1:50 and when she checked me she discovered that I was fully dilated and effaced and ready to push! No wonder I was in so much pain. We then waited for my doctor to come. However, she was caught up in another room delivering another baby that was having complications. She came over at 2:30 and broke my water which I couldn't even tell she did because Taylor's head was so low I think it acted like a cork. I then pushed through 4 contractions (those boosters had finally kicked in and I couldn't feel anything so it took me awhile to get the hang of it) and Taylor Jayne Ellis arrived at 2:53 pm.
After a view minutes they took her to be weighed and diapered. She weighed at 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 20 inches long. They returned her to me and let me hold her on my chest while they finished cleaning me up. It was so nice to be able to have her so close so quickly. My parents and Ben's parents were waiting in the hall and were able to come in and meet her. I think the look on my mom's face in this picture is so cute and sums up how excited they all were.
At about 4 pm they moved me over to my recovery room. My parents and Ben's parents were able to walk over to my room with me and Ben pushed Taylor over. Once in our recovery room they gave Taylor a bath right next to my bed and did her footprints as well. She also received a cute yellow bow.
Later that night, Logan made it up to the hospital to see his baby sister for the first time. He kept trying to show her his Buzz Lightyear shoes. He would lift his leg up in the air and try to put it in her face. He also tried to share his chicken nuggets with her. Such a cute big brother.
The next day in the hospital was pretty quite which was nice as we got to just enjoy our new little addition to our family. I enjoyed trying to put some hats on her (but unfortunately they were all too big). I did get one picture of her with one of the cute bows and blanket I made her but then the headband kept falling off so we decided to stick with the cute hospital bows. Speaking of bows, I loved the bow they gave Taylor the day we went home.

We were discharged from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon and came home to the real world. Here are a few pictures of us before we were sent home.






5 comments:
Missy- She is beautiful! Congratulations! It made me slightly want another one. (Then I thought of the two upstairs and reversed that thought!):)
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you and Ben!
yeah, so how unfair is it that you look SO PRETTY before, during, and after birth...seriously, i don't look that good on most days! she is gorgeous as well and i am in LOVE with the hair band you made.
You seriously look great! She's beautiful and I love the little hair bows they put on baby girls in the hospital :) congrats again!
Love the update. My favorite is the last picture of Logan. Oh the big smile on his face just makes me smile. He is one excited big brother.
Taylor is darling! Congratulations again and thanks for sharing all the pictures. :)
Post a Comment