Sunday, January 13, 2008

Off the Hook

Our pediatrician asked us to come in on Friday the 10th in order to weigh Logan again. If you remember at our 2 week appointment Logan still wasn't at his birth weight. He was gaining about a half an once a day at 2 weeks. Therefore, our pediatrician wanted us to bring him back in in another 2 weeks to make sure he was continuing to gain weight. So Logan and I went in on the very snow day to weigh him. I was nervous to see what the scale said but I was confident he had gained weight. When we put him on the scale he weighed 7lbs 3oz!!! So he gained 10 ounces since our last appointment or about .75oz a day. Our pediatrician then told me that I was "off the hook" and feeding my child enough.


I am glad that he is gaining weight. He eats very well now and I think we are starting to get the hang of breastfeeding. He only weights 5oz more than when he was born, but seems to be getting bigger and stronger to me.


Here are some more recent pictures of Logan.



4 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

What a cute kid! :) I had fun looking at him the other day, even though my child prevented me from holding him for very long. I still can't believe how tiny he seems. I'm so glad that you are off the hook and that he is gaining weight so well! I'm sure that makes you feel good. Logan is lucky to have such a great mom. I know how stressful it can be those first few weeks, but you're doing a great job! :)

C and C Young said...

He is so cute! I love his clothes. They are absolutely adorable. What color do you think his eyes will be? The camera makes them look pretty dark.

Amie said...

That is so good that he is growing. I LOVE the picture where he is covering his eyes that is so cute. He looks a lot like Ben in the picture that is him laying on the floor in his shirt and jeans.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Cassi--I think his eyes will be dark blue like mine. Ben and I both have blue eyes.