Saturday, January 5, 2008

Two Good Nights

Logan has slept for 6-7 hours the last two nights. I consider myself very lucky. We usually fall asleep together downstairs because I usually stay up to 11 and then think he should be waking up in an hour for his next feeding but then he never does. I feel guilty every time I wake up feeling like I should have fed him earlier or worrying that something might be wrong with him. He seems just happy though!! He then eats about every 3 to 4 hours during the day. Nevertheless, just wanted to post that I am grateful for the sleep I have gotten the past two nights. I realize it may not last long.

7 comments:

Carlee Hoopes said...

Way to go Logan!!! That's GREAT!!! It sounds like he's well on his way to sleeping through the night! There is no reason to feel guilty about anything. I felt the same way, but there is no reason to. All that matters is that he is happy and content and if that can be accomplished with six feedings a day, that's great (as long as he continues to gain weight)! Someone once told me that if you are both alive at the end of the day, you're doing a good job. So, don't feel guilty about anything and enjoy the sleep.

Maggie has always been a good sleeper also. She consistently sleeps 9-10 hours a night now, usually eating at 8:00 p.m. and then not again until 6:00 a.m. It is very nice. However, I believe we will both get our fair share of sleepless nights with future children, when our kids are sick or teething, etc. so we need to enjoy the sleep while we can. :)

I need to come visit you guys. I bet he has changed quite a bit since I saw him last.

Clyda and John said...

Wow way to be Logan. That is pretty early for such a little guy. He must love you guys big time.

By the time Bennett was 2 1/2months old he was sleeping a good 10 hours each night. You must feel humane again once you start getting regular sleep. And you realize truly what a blessing it is. Congrats and hopefully he keeps it up.

P.S. It took me a lot longer to actually sleep through the night. I had to get up and check up on him to make sure he was breathing. Call me crazy. The first time he slept through the night I woke up in a panic thinking something was wrong.

Oh and your Carlee friend is right. Don't feel guilty when they do sleep because you will still have plenty of sleepless nights. I was up with Bennett for a good 3 hours last night because of a nasty cough and cold he has. Enjoy!

Amie said...

that is great. Hopeful he keeps it up.

10zfam said...

that's awesome melissa. my first baby slept for about 14 hrs from the time she was about 4 weeks old, but my second it took her awhile to start sleeping long. get as much sleep as you can. i still sleep whenever possible.

C and C Young said...

May I have your secret recipe to a sleep-filled night? I think I am going to need it soon! I hope I have the special touch like everyone else seems to have.

C and C Young said...

I loved your comment! I wrote down all of the things you suggested, so I will definitely be prepared. Thanks so much for your help! I need to go out and get that nursing book too.

Anonymous said...

That's our grandson! (With some help from his pretty great parents, too!)