This weekend Ben discovered our toaster oven. We have had this toaster oven since we got married and have not ever really used it. I am not sure what inspired Ben to get it out but he decided to try to make some things with it. He first started by making a Turkey Melt. The first sandwiches started consisting of the usual turkey, cheese, mayo, etc. However, the creative side of Ben then kicked in and he started to add spices to the sandwiches. Then he decided to break away from sandwiches and to make tacos in the toaster oven. Needless to say we had a fun weekend experimenting and enjoying our toaster oven. I have to admit it makes a nice hot sandwich that tastes a lot like those at Quizno's. It was fun to watch Ben get so excited over his artistic creations. This is another confirmation to me that Ben's artistic mind is always in force!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Ben's New Discovery
This weekend Ben discovered our toaster oven. We have had this toaster oven since we got married and have not ever really used it. I am not sure what inspired Ben to get it out but he decided to try to make some things with it. He first started by making a Turkey Melt. The first sandwiches started consisting of the usual turkey, cheese, mayo, etc. However, the creative side of Ben then kicked in and he started to add spices to the sandwiches. Then he decided to break away from sandwiches and to make tacos in the toaster oven. Needless to say we had a fun weekend experimenting and enjoying our toaster oven. I have to admit it makes a nice hot sandwich that tastes a lot like those at Quizno's. It was fun to watch Ben get so excited over his artistic creations. This is another confirmation to me that Ben's artistic mind is always in force!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Okay, so how do you make them? I have barely used my toaster oven that I got when I was married because I never know what to make in it! Let me know because I was thinking just the other day how I want to use it. It sounds like a good time!
That is so funny! When Chadd and I met, he didn't have a microwave. All he had was a toaster oven and he cooked EVERYTHING in it. I, personally, had never even SEEN one. It was so old, though, that when we moved to California I "accidentally" left it behind. Secretly I think he wants a new one.
Cam's family has always had one. We got one when we got married also but cam already had one so we just keep his. We cook anything that we would put in a oven in it. It's nice because it cooks just the right amount for the two of us. when I make casseroles I split it up and put them in bread pans because they fit in the toaster oven. I then freeze the rest in the same size so that I have like two other meals from the one recipe to cook whenever I don't feel like making something.
Post a Comment