Logan turned one month old on Monday. I can't believe how fast one month has gone by. Logan has been such a joy to have. He is such a sweatheart and growing up fast. I wanted to reflect on some of Logan's favorite things in his first month of life.
- He loves to sit on your chest. My favorite time is at night when I will put Logan is some fleece pj's, put him on my chest and cuddle with him.
- He loves is Bundle Me and being rocked in his carrier.
- He loves is Tri Vi Sol vitamins he gets every morning. Our pediatrician warned us that he probably wouldn't like this vitamin supplament, but Logan seems to love it. He will suck it right out of the dropper. He also loves when Cayman licks his face after he has had his vitamin to make sure he got it all.
- He loves his papasan bouncer. He especially loves the music it plays and often wakes up when the music turns off.
- He loves to look around. He is getting stronger each day and able to hold his head up more and more.
Logan has been a joy. I don't think anyone can prepare you for all the emotions you go through being a mom. I have days of complete joy, frustration and sleep deprivation. I am still trying to figure out how to be a mom and how to get out of the house in a timely fashion. Nevertheless as my time to go back to work approaches I am sad to think of leaving my Logan with anyone else. I have greatly enjoyed the time bonding with my child and becoming a mother. So happy one month birthday Logan and thanks for all the joy you have brought to my life!





5 comments:
What a cute kid! That last picture cracks me up because it shows how big his hands are. Just know that you are not alone in your roller-coaster of emotions. I felt all of those same emotions and there were days that getting out of my house before 2:00 p.m. seemed impossible. The week before I returned back to work I was so stressed because I couldn't figure out how we were going to get up and out of the house by 6:15 a.m. But, you do what you have to do and things just work out.
I think the first month or so is the hardest because you are trying to learn how to be a mother, you are trying to bond with your baby, and you are experiencing a lot of different emotions. After you start to get used to your new role, you will realize that being a mother is awesome, even though it's a lot of work. :)
He is very cute! And it does get easier. I love holding newborns but it's not my favorite stage. It is just so stressful for me. But I do love those moments when you can snuggle with them in their jammies. Being a mom is so much fun.
Yeah for motherhood! Might I add too that Logan has good taste. Bennett had that exact same binkie at his age and loved it, almost to the point of it falling apart. He found it the other day and tried it, but decided he likes the silicone nipples better than the latex. I guess his taste buds have matured. Cute little Logan.
P.S. Please keep reminding Logan that I am his favorite Aunt. I have to start them out young in order for it to stick.
He is so cute...can I say that enough? I'm sure you will have no problem balancing work and Logan. Good luck starting back!
Camrie loves her vitamins also. She does the same thing. (She sucks it out she will do that with anything like Gas drops or Tylenol after shots) It is so fun to watch them grow and to go through ALL of there stages. I loved the cuddling when she was a newborn. I now love the smiling and "talking" she does now.
Post a Comment