Tag: About Me!
A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.B: Each player answers the questions about themselves. C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
10 years ago today...
I was in Ninth grade at North Ogden Junior High probably competing in something nerdy like the National Academic League. I was sporting the short A line haircut from which people started calling me mushroom cause it was so fluffy. I think this is where I learned I have a long neck and that I have a lot of hair. I had just finished my growth spurt and was over 5 feet tall but all gangly.
5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Fold Laundry
2. Make up some work hours from home.
3. Research places to go on vacation.
4. Update blog with posts
5. Take a nap
I enjoy:
hanging out with family and friends, being a mom, playing with my dog, doing agility with my dog, cooking if I have time, eating chocolate, walking, planning, going on vacations, and sleeping.
What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?
I would pay off our house and cars and perhaps upgrade to a bigger house. I would hire someone to help me clean the new house cause I am just not a detailed cleaner. I would hire Stacey and Clinton to help me figure out how to dress myself in a stylish manner and go on a shopping spree. I would buy Ben a huge flatscreen and all the Mac computer stuff he wanted. I would travel the world with Ben and Logan and take my family on several cruises. I would quit my job so I was able to do this traveling and be a mom. I would donate money to charities like Guide Dogs for the Blind and I would invest the rest to use for things like Logan's education in the future.
3 of my bad habits:
1. Just putting things away and not deep cleaning.
2. Taking things too personally.
3. Picking at scabs or peely skin.
5 places I have lived:
1. North Ogden, UT
2. Salt Lake City, UT (dorms at the U)
3. Ogden, UT (our first apartment on 12th street)
4. Kaysville, UT
5. Farmington, UT
5 jobs I have had:
1. Idelwire Pet Care. I had this job during high school. I worked as a kennel technican for 3 years. I would feed the dogs, clean their runs and most importantly play with them in the play yard.
2. Zions Bank. Once I went to the University of Utah I got a job at Zions Bank as a roaming teller. I would go and fill in for branches when they needed extra help. I did this for about a year and then was hired on to a branch in Layton where I worked for 3 years as a supervisor.
3. Infinity Mortgage. Once I got sick of processing people's transactions every day I decided I needed a change and went to work for a mortgage company to help process mortgage loans. It was nice I worked here when we bought our house as I got to get a "free" loan for it.
4. Raymond James. When I graduated with a degree in Finance I decided the mortgage industry wasn't for me and I went to work for my father-in-law at Raymond James. He is a Financial Advisor and I help do everything from reblancing client's accounts, opening accounts to establishing financial plans. I have obtained my Series 7 lisence which is fancy for saying I can sell securities to individuals.
5. Mom. My most recent job that didn't come with instructions.
5 things people don't know about me:
1. I used to raise Guide Dogs for the Blind and Canine Companions for Independence. These were service dogs trained to help blind or disabled people. I loved doing this as a kid as I got to take my dog to stores and school. I thought I was cool!!
2. I learned to play the bagpipes. Although I will not profess to being good at it I could play "Amazing Grace" on a set of pipes at one point. I learned this skill for a group I was in called Job's Daughters.
3. I still have plug my nose when I go under water. Nothing like seeing a grown woman jumping off the diving board with her hand on her nose.
4. I hate wearing jeans. I also sported the stretch pants as a child and didn't even own a pair of jeans until like 7th grade. I still don't enjoy jeans. The instant I come home from work I change into some pajama pants!!
5. I used to suck my thumb as a child. Ben also did and Logan has already found his thumb!
I tag Amanda, Allyson and Clyda.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Ah junior high, remember math in 8th grade? (7th grade for me). Were you and I in NAL at the same time? I know I was in it in 9th grade but I don't know about 8th. . . . .
Yeah I do. I believe that you were. Did you know that kids call members of NAL "Nerds And Losers". I had no idea. Oh well I think we turned out ok!
Hey, I was in NAL at Wahlquist! I didn't know you were in it. We probably competed against each other. LOL.
I also still have to plug my nose when I go under water. You're not alone!!! But, I agree, it is very annoying and very embarrassing.
Post a Comment