Thursday, February 21, 2008

Logan's Two Month Stats

Logan is officially two months old now. He went to his two month appointment yesterday. He now weighs 9lbs 1oz and is 22.5 inches long. Our pediatrician told us that Logan is in the bottom 5% for his weight, height and head measurements. He isn't very concerned about it. Logan is gaining about a half an ounce a day. Our doctor told us that most babies gain a half an ounce to an ounce and a half a day, so he is just on the lower end of normal. So although we think he is getting lots bigger I guess he is still a pretty small baby.

I forgot that they give them lots of shots at this appointment. He took the one by mouth very well they were all suprised. He will pretty much suck anything out of a syringe. The other shots (Hepatits B, Polio, Whopping Cough, DaTP, Rotovirus) were given to him in his legs. I was impressed with the execution of these shots. They had two nurses come in and they both took a leg and shot him three times in each leg in a matter of seconds. Of course Logan wasn't too happy about this, but he did well.

After the doctor appointment, we went to Target to get two month old pictures of Logan. It wasn't very good planning on my part to take him to get pictures after he got shots. Nevertheless, he was a very good baby and wasn't too upset at that point. I was impressed with how well the pictures went. They got some really good pictures and I am excited to pick them up. I will post themhere when we receive them but that won't be for another week or so.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of Logan we have taken.


When we got home from the pictures Logan seemed to be in quite a bit of pain from his shots. His legs were all red and swollen. I felt so bad for the little guy. I tried everything to comfort him and he just was upset. I started to walk around with him and he finally just put his head down on my chest and went right to sleep. Poor guy. He seems to be doing just fine now but I think his legs were quite sore yesterday.
Logan has been sleeping 9 or so hours at night. He is a good sleeper and mom and dad are very grateful. He still loves his swing and going for car rides in his carrier. He has started smiling and "talking" to us with gurgles and cries. He loves it when you sing his name to him. It never fails to get a smile from him. Logan and I have finally mastered the breastfeeing and things in that area are going much better. Ben and I have loved being parents.

8 comments:

Amie said...

how fun. that is good that things are going so well. He is growing and eating good. He is so cute.

C and C Young said...

He is so cute! I thought Maddux was huge, he was only in the 40% for weight and height--seriously where are these gigantor babies?

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

My sister-in-law adpoted one. Her baby was like 20 pounds by four months. Our doctor is hoping Logan will be 11. Crazy!

Carlee Hoopes said...

I, like Cassi, also wondered where these huge babies were, but I held one tonight. My friend's baby is less than a month old and is over 11 lbs. now. Maggie will be hard-pressed to be over 11 lbs. at 5 months. It's crazy that a baby could be double her size at 4 months like your sister-in-laws baby! HOLY SMOKES!

Well, it doesn't matter their size I guess. In the end they'll all even out. Logan looks healthy and like he's doing well, even though he's small. That's all that matters. He looks really cute in those pictures!

MJ - Marv Jr said...

I love the picture of logan smiling at the camera in his dark and light blue strip shirt. That is adorable.

Abby was in the low 5% as well, but kept increasing half an once a day. She is perfectly fine. I have always wondered if it was because she was a premie, but with Logan doing the same it may be genetics. Then Emily was in the 95%. Go figure. Either way as you know Abby is more than fine and is cute as a bug's ear. Of course, I have never understood that phrase because I have never seen a bug's ear that is cute.

Clyda and John said...

He is so cute. Can't wait to finally meet him. Glad you liked how the pictures all turned out. Can't wait to see them.

And yes, big babies do exsist. At first I was a little concerned to have such a big child, but now I realize how nice it is to not have to worry if they are eating enough food. Bennett once was off the charts in weight but is now in the 70th percentile. So thankfully for my back, he is slowing down. Enjoy all the time you have him so little, I didn't get to enjoy it much.

heather bing said...

Melissa-good to hear from you, it's been awhile. Logan is so cute. That's so funny that you scheduled pictures after shots! I'm glad they still went well.

Anonymous said...

So, I feel I must comment due to the references to the huge babies. My little guy definitely has an effect on those percentiles. LOL. Neal was 9 lbs. 5 oz. at birth, I just keep thinking everybody else has small babies, apparently mine is just big!